There's nothing like the love of a Grandma. The joy they bring to a little child's heart in everything they do. There's nothing like the joy on her face watching everyone open their gifts at Christmas! This is my mother-in-law Joyce. The last Christmas we had together was fifteen years ago. I think of her often. How she loved every single one of her many grandchildren. How I miss her. How we are so different because of the joy she left in our hearts. In this picture, she is comforting my daughter, while Nathanael is hamming it up for the camera as usual! I am recovering from surgery, after losing our second baby. She would do anything for the grandkids, and for her entire family. They often babysat for us, whenever we needed them. It didn't matter that they lived on the other side of the state. It didn't matter if they were in the middle of harvest, or the middle of a snowstorm, they would get there as soon as possible. That's what Grandmas (an...
Winter winds are howling, deep within my soul Leaves upon the ground Skit-ter-ing… Oh, so cold ...Little tykes rejoicing Pumpkins all around Mama's feet are aching Costumes to be found... Winter winds are howling Deep within my soul Memories are fluttering Skit-ter-ing oh so cold Winter winds are howling Shadows growing thin Holidays are looming Must we do this again Leaves raked up in piles Bonfires to be lit Done without the smiles Someone dearly missed ...Autumn breezes blowing Painting all the while ... When colors left me breathless And hayrides gave the giggles The crowds were left with smiles... But winter winds are howling Everywhere I go Nothing is the same The colors dull as coal Winter winds are howling Deep within my soul Will it ever be the same You ask? The darkened shadows sigh The cold and steely sky Whispers lig...
I don't look anything like this beautiful warrior, nevertheless, I am a soldier. There are many reasons I am a fighter, for I am part of a war. A war is going on around us, even as we sit quietly to read the morning paper. The unseen battle rages day after day, with innumerable ranks in combat, in the conflict of the ages. The war between good and evil. We must keep our eyes open and our swords sharp. The only way to ensure our safety in this struggle, is to be in constant communication with the Commander-in-Chief. The strategy is well laid out in the Word of God. We even have a suit of armor, built in the best armory ever. The complete soldier's protection is given to us, piece by piece. The Belt of Truth: Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." - John 14:6 The Breastplate of Righteousness: For God's Kingdom is not a matter of eating and...
Comments
Post a Comment