My last wish

If this is the last thing I ever write, I hope it gives someone out there a glimpse of hope for the future.

I have not written for three years, because life gets messy. 
I was in the beginning of a tailspin, when I chose to start this blog in hopes of encouraging others. 
I was working, the kids were growing up,
and putting their sails out, ready to navigate into the adult world
I thought I had time to spread my wings a little further and begin writing books.
I am so glad that we don't have the ability to see into the future.
I don't WANT to know what happens tomorrow.
Because tomorrow could be another devastating shredding of the heart, another disappointment, another loss forever.

But whoever gave us the idea, every human seems to expect as a right, in which we will have smooth sailing? I don't know, but it seems we are all upset whenever things don't go our way. When we get hurt, denied, betrayed, looked over, left without, only holding on to broken hearts and dreams.




 If you are reading this and do not understand why I always refer to the Bible, 
I hope you keep reading anyway.
If my life has all been in vain, if I never see my loved ones again, and what I am clinging to is just a fairy tale - then my sentiments are just as sincere as Puddleglum in  The Chronicles of Narnia:

“One word, Ma'am," he said, coming back from the fire; limping, because of the pain. 

"One word. All you've been saying is quite right, I shouldn't wonder. I'm a chap who always liked to know the worst and then put the best face I can on it. So I won't deny any of what you said. 

But there's one more thing to be said, even so. Suppose we have only dreamed, or made up, all those things-trees and grass and sun and moon and stars and Aslan himself. Suppose we have. 

Then all I can say is that, in that case, the made-up things seem a good deal more important than the real ones. 

Suppose this black pit of a kingdom of yours is the only world. 

Well, it strikes me as a pretty poor one. And that's a funny thing, when you come to think of it. We're just babies making up a game, if you're right. But four babies playing a game can make a play-world which licks your real world hollow. 

That's why I'm going to stand by the play world. I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia.

So, thanking you kindly for our supper, if these two gentlemen and the young lady are ready, we're leaving your court at once and setting out in the dark to spend our lives looking for Overland. Not that our lives will be very long, I should think; but that's a small loss if the world's as dull a place as you say.”
C.S. Lewis, The Silver Chair




I believe there is a God who created this world we live in. 
He created it all for us to take care of, to use and enjoy. 
I believe in Adam and Eve and the choice they made,
 which changed the way us humans can commune with God. 
Because they were selfish and wanted things to go their way, 
 the human race became enemies of the Truth. 

The Truth is - God loves each and every single human being 
that has ever lived and will ever live; 
and He wants all of us to be His children once again, 
to enjoy His presence and be with us. 
We can't get there on our own, we can do nothing to get to heaven. 

It is a gift and all we must do is accept it. 
If I were to mail you a present and you just let it lay there, never opening it - you would never know what's inside, until you take and open it. 

The wrapping is the manger, the star, the Christ child who grew to be a man, the thorns, the bruises, the mockery, the cross, and the Savior who died in our place. 

The gift is the risen Lord who no longer is in the grave! 
God sent His Son, to be our substitute, to pay for our crimes. 
We are all guilty of something, none of us are innocent. 
BUT - the debt is already paid! 

Jesus is standing at the door, 
just waiting for our signature to deliver the package!!


If you never hear anything else know this -

"For God so loved the world 
that He gave His one and only Son, that whosoever believes in Him, should not perish 
but have everlasting life." 
- John 3:16




 ↝ Stories from the journey of my life ↜ written by: Sue Leerhoff ↝  follow me on my Facebook page ↜ - Brick by Brick

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A walk through the fire

Good hope

Peter Pan