S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y... NO

I hate Saturdays. No more songs. No more celebrations. No more Saturdays.

The day our lives changed forever.

A day so dark, it torches my spirit. Like the coals in the bonfires we will not be sharing anymore.

It has taken me 2 1/2 years to not burst out in tears when I feel the sun going down.

When all the lights burned out in a split second of time.

And it's not even October right now.

But Mother's Day is looming in the corridor and I can feel it's steely grip around my heart.

A day of celebration and pride for all the good things mom has done.

Mocking me.

I can't let it take me down again. I won't go there. I refuse to let the torture take over.

Taunting me.

I must carry on for my son. I was a good mom. I did all that I could.  I love Nathanael. I love all of my family. We have so many great memories together. We were a team.

We can do this together. They have my back, and I have theirs. When one is weak the others stand strong. WE ARE A TEAM.

I still have the others to carry on Nathanael's Legacy with me.

We will fight because Nathanael was a fighter. We will win because he has won.

The battle is not ours. I must give it to the One who fights for us.

He will prevail.

I read the last chapter and WE WILL WIN THE WAR.

I give the sword to my heavenly Father, because it is broken, and He will restore it all.

"As the battle rages on and on
I face the things that put my faith to the test
When fallen angels won't leave me alone
Father, come and lay the demon to rest
When my sword has broken off in my hand
I see the dark futility of the flesh
When I'm about to fall, please help me stand
Father, come and lay the demon to rest

                            
Where there's a will, there's a way, they say
But sometimes my will seems to get in the way
So You will have to fight for me today"


- Theocracy/Laying the Demon to Rest

 Sue Leerhoff  Brick by Brick

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A walk through the fire

Good hope

Peter Pan